Friday, January 15, 2016

The Love Affair



So, this is the love affair:
Two people that were not supposed to be together.
We were on different worlds.
We are talking Prince Charming falling for the Evil Stepsister. Superman falling for Lex Luthor.
More than that.
It is a King falling in love with a criminal slave. A holy man falling for a prostitute. A queen falling for a pauper. A cop falling for the thief he arrested.
It is like that but on a cosmic, eternal level.
So, this perfect, heroic, holy, beautiful superhero/king of person for some reason finds that he loves the ugliest, poorest person who is not only in a completely different class, but hates this wonderful person. t is like Jack and Rose but worse... we never should have even met. The law set in stone demanded my death and my separation from this king.
Did I mention that this king was the one who set that law in place? He is the exact opposite of everything I am, and has the right to end me in a blink... forever.
Let me put it this way: I am the one person who should never be and never could be near even his shadow.
And yet he falls for me.
His perfectly clean arms want to take my filthy existence into them and hold them closely.
This is a diamond loving every ugly, nasty part of a dirty rock.
Yet... the diamond tells me that I am not a dirty rock. Slowly, he "makes me new."
He smoothes out my flaws. Sometimes it is painful, but eventually I realize he is not changing me. He is simply showing me how blind I have been.
He is showing me how beautiful and worthy I am.
No matter my flaws or mistakes, no matter my sin or skeletons, no matter my inconsistencies, embarrassing moments, addictions, fears, and struggles, he pursues me.
He is jealous. Not of me. But for me.
He tells me I'm worthy of his furious love... a love I know should not exist. But he calls me his precious child. His bride. His friend. His brother. His sister. His son. His daughter. His one true love.
This is the love affair between me and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment